I guess Bat-fans all around the world (and of course that includes me if you don't already know) are waiting with bated breaths for Christopher Nolan's follow up to Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, to hit the big screens in about two weeks time. Meanwhile, it's busy on the DVD front, with the release of the animated Batman: Gotham Knights, and a re-release of Batman Begins on Blu-Ray.
For fans of the 1966 Batman movie starring Adam West and Burt Ward as the caped crusaders, you might also be pleased to know that a special edition DVD of the movie has also been released recently on Blu-Ray. I did a review of the movie back in 2005 on a normal DVD, so for those who haven't caught the movie yet, you might want to do so in High Definition! Here's the technical specification of the special edition disc, with some new extras as follows:
The Batman: The Movie Special Edition Blu-Ray Disc is presented in widescreen with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Audio, English and French Mono and includes English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus features include:
1. Commentary by actors Adam West and Burt Ward
2. Commentary by screenwriter Lorenzo Semple, Jr.
3. Isolated Score Track 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio (Lossless), which is an industry first for a Blu-Ray disc that allows viewers to listen to the score only
4. All-new high-definition featurettes:
- Batman: A Dynamic Legacy
- Caped Crusaders: A Heroes Tribute
- Gotham City’s Most Wanted
5. 2001 35th Anniversary Piece Featuring Interviews with Adam West and Burt Ward
6. The Batmobile Revealed with George Barris
7. The Batmobile Interactive Tour – A 360 Degree Navigational Tour
8. BATMAN on Location: Mapping the Movie
9. Holy Pop-Up Trivia Track, Batman!
10. Original Teaser and Theatrical Trailers
- From the Vaults of Adam West
- Interactive Pressbook
- Production Stills
- Behind the Scenes
And for those interested in quick online games, you can try out this Batman Bobble Head Boxing Game. Have Fun!