I had plans to do a mega-007 writeup, but travel plans meant I had to put whatever preview/review/feature article plans on hold. Until I chanced upon Cinematical's awesome articles on the run up to Casino Royale.
Here's a list of what's featured, so click away!
- History of Bond Films Part One and Part Two are awesome reads to bring you up to speed on the Bond movies.
- And if you want a quick gist of all the movies, you can check out each and every Bond movie trailer there is out there.
- The Gun Barrel Sequence, every one of them from the wearing of the hat in the early years, and the little hop and jump, to George Lazenby's dropping on bended knee. Daniel Craig's you say? It's in a toilet (!) and the quickest sequence of them all!
- Each Bond movie has its own theme song, and here's the list of Cinematical's 7 best Bond theme songs. Mine differs though, I never really dug Paul McCartney's Live and Let Die. Mine would include Duran Duran's A View to a Kill, Aha's The Living Daylights, Shirley Bassey's Goldfinger, Tina Turner's Goldeneye, Sheryl Crow's Tomorrow Never Dies, and Garbage's The World is Not Enough.
- According to formula, when the theme song plays, it plays to a slew of gyrating femlae silhouettes. So you mustn't miss the entire slate of every single Bond credit sequence!
- And every Bond film has its own Bond Girls! Do you agree with Cinematical's choice of the 7 hottest? Coming to my mind will be Rosamund Pike and Eva Green :P
- With the beauties come the beasts. Bond movies are never short of evil megalomaniac villains and their henchmen. Here's Cinematical's list of 7 most weirdest Bond henchmen out there. Jaws would be #1 in my books
- And to cap it all off, here's a writeup on How to spoof Bond, as if Austin Powers hadn't done a great job already! :D