Sunday, February 27, 2005

A Nutshell Prediction: 77th Annual Academy Awards

OK, guess I'll have to stick my neck out and come out with my predictions for the biggie categories of the 77th Annual Academy Awards. Here goes...

Best Supporting Actor
My heart says Jamie Foxx, but with his expected(?) win for Best Actor, my head says he won't get both. Chances are, Morgan Freeman should be given one, as a tribute to his solid performances in most of his shows.

Best Supporting Actress
My heart goes for Natalie Portman for her mature performance in Closer, but my head says Cate Blanchett - she brought Katherine Hepburn back to life in The Aviator. But I'm gonna cop out, one of those 2 will win :P

Best Actor
Without a doubt, Jamie Foxx. He played Ray Charles to a T, and he's Tinseltown's IT guy for the moment. Don Cheadle shone in Hotel Rwanda, so did Johnny Depp for Finding Neverland, but there's nothing like bringing a legend back to life on the silver screen.

Best Actress
Hillary Swank, for her credible performance in Million Dollar Baby. She'll knock out the competition, without a doubt, though I still have a weak spot for Kate Winslet's portrayal in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Best Director
Martin Scorsese should win, if not for The Aviator, then at least for his past works for which he had been snubbed.

Best Picture
This is tough. Truth is, I have enjoyed all of this year's nominees, and to pick one out of five, might seem to do the others injustice. But if Scorsese should win for Best Director, then Clint Eastwood will most probably be compensated by Million Dollar Baby snagging this one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...